Bucktown has nine great parks:
- Holstein Park – 2200 N Oakley
- Bloomingdale Trail – 2200 N Oakley
- Senior Citizens Memorial Playlot Park – 2238 N Oakley
- Ehrler Playground Park – 2230 W Cortland
- Churchill Field Playlot Park – 1825 N Damen
- Walsh Playground Park – 1722 N Ashland
- Park #529 – 2155 W Wabansia
- Kozie Prery – 1800 N. Milwaukee
- Burr School Campus Park – 1621 W Wabansia
- Drummond School Campus Park – 1845 W Cortland
- Pulaski School Campus Park – 2230 W McLean
Holstein Park has been the center point for the Bucktown community since homes were built here in 1854. The area was named after early residents, laborers and craftsman from Schleswig-Holstein, a region of Germany.
For more information visit www.FriendsOfHolsteinPark.com.
The Bloomingdale Rail Trail is part of the Logan Square Open Space Plan. The draft of the plan is available at the City of Chicago Department of Planning and Development’s website www.cityofchicago.org/dpd if you are interested. Contact the Friends of the Bloomingdale Trail at www.bloomingdaletrail.org for more information.
This is a group of neighbors who are interested in obtaining new rubber playground surface, more shade trees, a small water park and a field house in Walsh Park. If this interests you, please contact us via email.