The Bucktown Community Organization is an all volunteer based not-for-profit that strives to enhance the general welfare of Bucktown neighborhood residents by supporting and promoting educational, social, recreational, environmental, and cultural enrichment activities that serve the needs and interests of our community as follows:
1) To complement governmental and other public efforts by supporting educational, social, recreational, environmental, and cultural enrichment activities that serve the needs and interests of community children, youth, families, and seniors;
2) To promote a spirit of cooperation, goodwill and neighborliness, ease neighborhood tensions, and encourage people to openly communicate and take action for positive change in the community;
3) To collect and distribute information about topics of interest to the community and provide a public forum for residents and business owners to express their opinions;
4) To ensure the quality and availability of public and private community services and enhance the safety for those who live and work in Bucktown; and
5) To work with public officials, private citizens, and other neighborhood agencies to protect and preserve the historical diversity of the neighborhood, including housing stock, people, cultural capacity, and other characteristics of the community that make it unique.
Become a member of the BCO! Click here.
Interested in volunteering? Click here.
Any other questions? Email us gro.n1534712990wotkc1534712990ub@nw1534712990otkcu1534712990b1534712990